Prawn is one of the favorite among non-veg lovers. Preparing ‘tawa masala prawns’ is a very easy process and requires minimum ingredients too. The dish will be an all time favorite for the whole family and goes well as an accomplishment with dosa, idli, appam or idiyappam.
- Prawn – 1.5 kg (Buy at least 3 kg prawn, after removing the shell, we will get around 1.5 kgs of flesh).
- Lemon – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 150 ml
- Salt – 3/4 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1.5 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tbsp
Things to be done before we start cooking
Buy 3 kg prawn, clean the prawns by removing the unwanted parts. Then wash them thoroughly with water. Add a little of turmeric powder.
‘Ginger Garlic’ paste – Take 100 grams of peeled ginger and 100 grams of garlic, grind them together in our mixy jar to obtain a paste.
Steps to Prepare
- Take a 5-litre capacity vessel, put in the cleaned prawns (approximately 1.5 kgs).
- Add the below to the vessel –
- Salt – 3/4 tablespoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tablespoons
- Mix the contents well with our hands. Then let the prawns marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After the 15 to 20 minutes marination, lets add the below to the prawns –
- Chilli powder – 1.5 tablespoons
- Cumin powder – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder – 1.5 tablespoons
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – from 1 fruit
- With our hands, stir and mix the contents well. Leave the prawns to marinate for the next 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place a tawa on the burner – turn on the flame to high mode.
- Pour 150 ml of ground nut oil.
- Once the oil gets hot, turn the flame to LOW mode.
- Put half of the marinated prawns on the hot tawa.
- Try to spread the prawns evenly so that each of the prawn pieces touches the tawa.
- Every ten minutes interval, try to stir the prawns gently. This is done so that both sides of prawn touch the tawa and get cooked evenly.
- Repeat this frying process for 20 minutes with tawa in LOW FLAME mode. Remove the cooked prawns to a plate.
- We need to add the remaining prawns on to the tawa for cooking.
- That’s all folks, our tawa prawn masala is ready to be tasted with dosa, appam, idiyappam or idli.