Ladys finger is a healthy vegetable, let’s prepare it in a more delicious way. This time we shall try the Punjabi dhaba style of cooking and lets see the ingredients and steps needed to prepare it in a easy way.
- Ladys finger – 250g
- Cashew Nut – 20
- Kasuri methi – 1/2 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Oil – 50ml (refined oil or ground nut oil)
- Green chilli – 4
- Ginger – 50g
- Garlic – 50g
- Curd – 50ml
- Onion – 150g
- Salt – 1/2 tbsp
- Tomato – 150g
- Water – 250ml
Things to be done before we start cooking
- Take 250 grams of Ladys finger, wash it, then cut into 1-inch-long pieces.
- Take 150 grams of onion (2 medium sized) – peel the skin and cut it to thin slices.
- Take 150 grams of tomato (2 medium sized) – cut into small pieces and grind to a paste with help of mixy. Collect the tomato paste in a small bowl – ready to be used further.
- Take 4 green chillies – cut into small pieces.
- Take 50 grams of ginger and 50 grams of garlic – peel the skin and then grind them together to obtain a paste named “Ginger-Garlic paste”.
- Take 20 cashew nuts, grind them into a paste with help of mixy (add little water to crush the nuts well). Collect the paste in a bowl and keep it ready for using in further steps.
Steps to Prepare
1 Place a 3-litre capacity pan on the stove – turn the flame to HIGH MODE.
2 Pour 50 ml of oil (refined or ground nut oil). Let the oil get hot.
3 Add (250 grams) 1-inch-long pieces of ladys finger to the pan with hot oil. Stir and let it get fried for 60 seconds. (We fry ladys finger so that it gets little strong and doesn’t break while cooking in further steps).
4 After frying, transfer the fried ladys finger to a bowl. Turn the flame to LOW MODE now.
5 Place the same pan on burner, then pour another 50 ml oil and let it get hot.
6 Add 150 grams of thinly sliced onions to the hot oil in pan. Stir till onions turn golden brown.
7 After onion gets little brown, lets add the below –
- Green chillies – 4 (cut into small pieces)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tablespoon
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tablespoon
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tablespoon
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt – 1/2 tablespoon
and stir to mix all the contents well.
8 Then pour the below 2 and mix well for 10 seconds –
- Curd – 50 ml (or 3 tablespoons)
- Tomato Paste – 150 g
9 Now, let’s add –
- The fried ladys finger (obtained in step 4)
- Water – 250 ml
Stir and mix well for 10 seconds.
10 Close the pan with a lid – now turn the flame to HIGH MODE.
Wait till water comes to a boiling state. Once we see water boiling, turn the flame to LOW MODE.
Then leave the contents to get cooked in LOW FLAME for the next 10 minutes (with lid closed).
11 After 10 minutes, remove the lid. Stir a little for 5 seconds.
Then pour in the cashew nut paste. Stir well.
12 Add ‘Kasuri Methi’ – 1/2 tablespoon. Stir well. Turn flame to MEDIUM MODE, wait till the contents boil.
Once the contents boil, we can turn off the flame.
That’s all folks our dish is ready to be tasted as a side dish with roti or rice.