Goat Spleen – is a very good supplement to increase hemoglobin level. Its an essential intake for lactating mothers and people with less hemoglobin count. We can prepare it easily with less ingredients.
- Spleen – 2
- Coriander leaves – few
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger – 100 grams
- Garlic – 100 grams
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 2 pinch
- Chilli powder – 2 pinch
- Salt – 2 pinch
- Green chilli – 2
- Tomato – 1
- Oil – 4 tbsp (Prefer Gingely or Ground nut oil)
The measure of the above ingredients is taken to cook 2 spleens. In case we are going to cook just 1 spleen, then we need to take just half of each of the above-mentioned ingredients. If its for 4 spleens, then increase the measure accordingly.
Things to be done before we start cooking
- Take spleen – 2, no need to cut. Just wash the spleens and keep them ready to be used.
- Take 100 grams of ginger and garlic – peel their skin, grind them together in mixy jar to obtain “Ginger-Garlic” paste.
Steps to Prepare
1 Place a pan on the burner with LOW FLAME.
Pour in oil – 4 tbsp. Prefer to use gingely or groundnut oil.
- Place a cutting board on the kitchen top.
- Keep a big bowl with fresh water near by the cutting board – to wash the spleens after cutting.
- Take a sharp knife.
- Place the spleens on the cutting board and start to cut each one of it into 8 pieces.
- After cutting, immediately put the pieces into the bowl of water, wash gently. Just 1 wash.
- Then put the cleaned spleen pieces into the pan with oil.
3 Stir gently for 60 to 75 seconds.
4 Add the below two and stir and mix well for 60 seconds –
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tablespoon
5 Add the below and stir well for 30 seconds to mix them –
- Tomato – 1 (cut into small pieces)
- Salt – 2 pinches
- Chilli powder – 2 pinches
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves – few
6 Add green chillies – 2, cut each of them into 3 big pieces. Stir for another 30 seconds.
7 If we want to consume spleen as a dry gravy, just pour in water – 50 ml (to boil the spleen)
- If we want to have a gravy, then we can pour water – 250 to 300 ml.
8 After pouring water as per requirement, close the pan with a lid.
- Turn the flame to HIGH MODE. Wait till water comes to a boiling point (may take 2 to 3 minutes)
- After water attains the boiling point, turn the flame to LOW MODE.
- Let the contents cook in low flame for the next 12 to 15 minutes.
9 After 15 minutes of cooking in low flame, remove the lid. Stir gently for 5 seconds.
10 Now let’s add and stir well for 30 seconds –
- Cumin powder – 2 pinches
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tablespoon
Then turn off the flame.
Our dish is ready to be tasted with rice.