Custard Apple, its a very healthy fruit. We will prepare a dessert with this fruit’s pulp and include other ingredients that are very healthy. We will use almond gum, it is very good to cool down our body and also sabja seeds renowned to cool down our body. The base is thick cream milk which obviously is a very healthy product. Lets prepare this dessert in easy steps.
- Almond gum – 10g
- Badam (almond) – 50g
- Cashew – 50g
- Custard apple – 500g
- Milk – 500 ml (prefer to buy full cream milk to get a thicker consistency)
- Sabja seeds – 10g
- Sugar – 150g
Things to be done before we start cooking
- Take 500 grams of custard apple, remove the outer skin, extract the pulpy inner fruit and then remove the seeds.
- Take 10 grams of almond gum, soak for 7 to 8 hours. Better soak the almond gum before we go to sleep at night.
- Take 10 grams of sabja seeds, soak it for 5 to 10 minutes.
Steps to Prepare
1 Place a 3-litre capacity vessel on the stove – turn the flame to HIGH MODE.
2 Pour 500 ml of full cream milk. Let milk boil and then put the flame to LOW MODE.
Start stirring the milk gently and continuously till it shrinks and gets thicker to 400 ml.
3 Put in 150 grams of sugar, stir and mix well.
4 Add the custard apple fruit pulp (after seeds removal). Stir gently and continuously and let the contents to boil and cook for the next 5 minutes (in low flame).
Turn off the flame.
5 Let the contents to cool down to room temperature.
6 In the meantime, let’s cut the 50 grams of cashew nut and almonds into small pieces.
7 Take another bowl, then add the below 3 and mix well –
- Almond gum – 10 g (soaked for more than 7 to 8 hrs.’)
- Sabja seeds – 10 g (soaked for 10 minutes)
- Cooled milk + custard from vessel (step 5)
8 Then add the small pieces of cashew nut and almond. Stir and mix well.
That’s all folks, our payasam is ready and we can serve it in small bowls and taste it (or) to enhance the taste, we can refrigerate it for 3 hours and then have it as dessert.