Of the many sea food varieties available, prawn stands out as a prime choice for most of the sea food lovers. Preparing a juicy and tasty prawn gravy is a simple process and will be loved by all.
- Prawn – 600 grams (We need to buy 1 kg of prawn – after removing the outer shell we would get 600 grams of flesh to cook).
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 2
- Green Chilli – 3
- Oil – 3 tablespoon
- Salt – ¼ tablespoon
- Turmeric – ¼ tablespoon
- Chilli powder – ¼ tablespoon
- Cumin powder – ¼ tablespoon
- Pepper powder – ½ tablespoon
- Coriander powder – ½ tablespoon
- Garam masala powder – ¼ tablespoon
- Coriander leaves – few
Things to be done before we start cooking
- Take 2 medium sized onions – Peel the skin and then cut onion to thin slices.
- Take 2 medium sized tomatoes – wash them – then cut into small pieces.
- Remove the outer shell of prawn – then, cut the upper part of each prawn and remove the black colour wastage inside it without fail – then wash it in water and keep it aside to drain – Please watch the video from 01:10 timing to know how to remove the wastage from prawn.
- Take 100 grams of ginger and 100 grams of garlic. Peel their skin. Then grind them together to get a paste called “Ginger-Garlic Paste” – an important ingredient to our dish.
Steps to Prepare
(1) Place a pan on the small burner and turn on the flame.
(2) Pour 3 tablespoons of oil (we can use refined oil or palm oil or groundnut oil).
(3) Put the sliced onions (2 medium size) into the pan. Let the onions get fried for 2 minutes.
(4) Now, add the cut tomatoes pieces and also 3 green chillies (break them into two & then add) to the pan with onions. Fry them together for another 2 or 3 minutes till we are able to smell a good flavour.
(5) Now, remove the pan from stove and keep it aside so that the contents get cooled down.
(6) Once cool, transfer the contents from pan to a mixy jar – grind them to a fine paste. Don’t add water while grinding.
(7) Place the pan on the burner, turn on the flame to low mode, then pour the contents from jar to the pan.
(8) Let’s add the below masala to the pan –
- Chilli powder – 1/4 tablespoon
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tablespoon
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt – 1/4 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tablespoon
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tablespoon.
(9) Pour 1 tablespoon oil – then start mixing the masala powder and paste well. Then Sprinkle a few coriander leaves on the top.
(10) Add the 600 grams of cleaned prawn to the pan. Gently mix the contents well so that prawn pieces get dipped in the masala.
(11) Close the pan with a lid.
Turn the flame to “Medium mode”. Let the contents get cooked in medium flame for another 8 to 10 minutes.
(12) After 10 minutes, remove the lid, stir the contents gently for 10 seconds.
(13) Then add the below masala –
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tablespoon
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tablespoon
(If we need the spice to be less, add just 1/4 tablespoon of pepper powder)
(14) Stir well for another 20 seconds. Turn off the flame.
That’s all guys, our flavorful ‘prawn gravy’ is ready to be tasted.