The easiest way to make a tasty biryani – let’s see how to prepare 1kg of prawn biryani.
- Unity Basmati Rice – 1 Kg
- Prawn – 1 Kg
- Oil – 250 ml
- Onion – 400 Grams (5 or 6 medium sized)
- Tomato – 400 Grams (5 or 6 medium sized)
- Cinnamon – 1 Gram
- Cardamom – 1 Gram
- Clove – 1 Gram
- Ginger – 100 Grams
- Garlic – 50 Grams
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 Table Spoon (prefer Kashmiri chilli powder)
- Salt – 2 Table Spoon
- Coriander Leaves – 1 Handful
- Mint Leaves – 1 Handful
- Curd – 200 ml
- Green Chilli – 3
- Water – 1.5 Litres
Things to do before we start cooking
- Rinse 1 kg of basmati rice softly in clean water. Repeat it again to clean fully and then soak it in a bowl with fresh water.
- Chop onions and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Take 100g of peeled ginger and 50g of garlic, grind them together until they become paste.
Steps to Prepare
Place a vessel (preferably a 5 litre vessel) on the burner. Keep flame in HIGH.
Need to add the below in that vessel –
- Put 400 gm of chopped onions.
- Pour 250 ml of oil.
- Cinnamon – 1 gram (2 piece)
- Cardamom – 1 gram (2 piece)
- Cloves – 1 gram (2 piece)
- Stir fry the onions till they turn brownish red in colour.
Once the onions turn brownish red, add the below
- coriander leaves – a little (1/4 of the bunch) and stir continuously for 30 seconds
- Mint leaves – a little (1/4 of bunch)
- Green chilli – 3 – Stir continuously for another 30 seconds
- Red chilli powder – 2 tablespoons.
- Salt – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger garlic paste – full of the grinded pasted
- Curd – 200 ml
- Stir continuously for 30 seconds so that the contents mix up well.
Add 400 gm of tomatoes.
Stir the contents lightly – let the contents cook in high flame for 5 minutes.
Tomatoes get cooked well at the end of 5 minutes.
Next, pour 1.5 litres of water. Place a lid on top of vessel.
Let the water boil in high flame for 2 or 3 minutes.
Once we see steam coming out from the lid sides, turn the flame to low.
Remove the lid. Add 1 kg of cleaned prawn to it.
Close the vessel with a lid. Let the contents boil and cook for another 15 minutes in LOW flame.
After 15 minutes, open the lid, stir gently two or three times.
Add 1 kg basmati rice to the vessel.
Turn the flame to HIGH. Let the contents cook for just 1 minute in high flame.
After 1 minute in high flame – open the lid – stir gently 4 or 5 times.
Let the water boil and evaporate and come to a level where masala and rice are in same level.
Close the lid now – turn the flame to LOW.
Let the contents cook in low flame for another 15 minutes.
At the end of 15 minutes, remove the lid and check if water is completely drained at the bottom of vessel. If water is still there, we need to close the lid again and let cook for another 2 minutes.
Now our biryani is prepared and ready to be tasted.