Pizza is liked by all and kids specially love it. Lets see how to prepare a pizza at our own kitchen with paneer. Lets make it in an easy way and we can surely bet to surprise our kids with their favorite food.
Note: The measurement of ingredients used here is for preparing 2 medium sized pizzas. If in case we want 4 pizzas, then double the measurement of ingredients mentioned below.
For making ‘Base’
- curd – 4 tablespoon
- Maida – 250g
- Wheat Flour – 150g
- Baking powder – 2 pinch
- Baking Soda – 2 pinch
- Salt – 4 pinch
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Water – 100ml
For preparing ‘stuffing’
- Panner – 200g
- Onion – half
- Oil – 1 tablespoon (prefer rice bran oil or Refined oil only)
- Capsicum – 1/4
- Oregano – 1/4 tablespoon
- Chilli flakes – 1/4 tablespoon
- Mixed Herbs – 1/4 tablespoon
- Mozzarella cheese – 200g
- Sauce – 2 tablespoon
- Salt – 2 pinch
Things to be done before we start cooking
- Take half of one medium sized onion. Cut it into three big slices horizontally – then remove the layers of onions (one by one) separately with fingers and keep them aside in a plate. It should look like rings. Please note, no need to cut onion into smaller pieces.
- Take 1/4 of capsicum, cut into medium sized pieces. Keep them aside in a plate
- Paneer – 200 grams. Cut into medium sized cubes.
- Shred the mozzarella cheese. (actually, we can get shredded mozzarella cheese from stores)
- Take 1 medium sized onion and cut it into small pieces for preparing the ‘pizza sauce’.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic and cut into smaller pieces – to be added for pizza sauce.
- Grind two tomatoes in mixer to a fine paste. Keep it ready.
Pizza Sauce Preparation
- Place a pan on the big burner. Turn on the flame to high mode to heat the pan.
- Pour 2 tablespoon of oil.
- Put the onion cut into very small pieces (one medium sized onion).
- Grind two tomatoes in mixer to a fine paste. Add this to the onions on pan.
2 tomatoes, 1 onion – are used to prepare sauce for spreading on 2 medium sized pizzas. If we need sauce for making 4 pizzas, then the count of tomatoes and onions used will double.
- Start stirring the contents in pan for 30 seconds in LOW flame.
- Add a pinch of red food colour if needed.
- Add – chilli flakes and oregano – 1 pinch.
- 2 cloves of garlic – cut into very small pieces
- Sugar and salt – 1 pinch
- Vinegar and water – 1/4
- Water – 2 tablespoons
- Stir continuously for 60 more seconds in LOW flame. Then turn off the flame.
Steps to prepare
Note: The measurement of ingredients used here is for preparing 2 medium sized pizzas. If in case we want 4 pizzas, then double the measurement of ingredients mentioned above.
(1) Take one big bowl. Then add the below –
- 250 grams of maida
- 150 grams of ‘wheat flour’ (Atta)
- Baking powder – 2 pinches (lesser than 1/4 tablespoon)
- Baking soda – 2 pinches (lesser than 1/4 tablespoon)
- Curd – 4 tablespoons
- Salt – 1/4 tablespoon
(2) Start kneading the flour initially with curd alone. Then we can start pouring water as per need and knead until we get a perfect dough.
(3) Pour 2 tablespoons of oil on the dough and knead again. Then, cover the bowl with a cloth and keep if aside for 30 minutes.
(4) Place a pan with long handle (2 litre capacity) on the big burner – keep the flame in LOW.
Pour oil 1 tablespoon – prefer rice bran oil or refined sunflower oil only. (Never use groundnut oil). Let the oil get hot.
(5) Add the cubes of paneer to the hot oil.
After 30 seconds start shaking the pan a little with the help of its long handle so that paneer doesn’t stick to the pan or stick to each other.
Flip over smoothly each cube of paneer – let them get fried in LOW flame for 3 minutes.
Paneer cubes should turn light golden brown colour.
(6) Add the below items on the top of fried paneer in the hot pan –
- Oregano – 1/4 tablespoon
- Chilli flakes – 1/4 tablespoon
- Mixed herbs – 1/4 tablespoon
Shake the pan well, so that the added ingredients spread on all the paneer cubes.
Then, transfer the paneer cubes from pan to another plate.
(7) On the same hot pan, next we add the onions and capsicum, also pour 1 tablespoon of oil.
In low flame, just stir for 50 seconds. Then transfer the fried onions, capsicum to another plate.
(8) Base of Pizza – how to make?
Take the knead that we have already prepared and roll it into a long one – then cut it into 2 halves.
Place one half on a flat surface to make the base or bread.
Keep the other half inside the same bowl and close it with a cloth as usual.
- For making the base bread, we should not use a roti presser, instead we can use our own fingers.
- Take one half of the dough, roll it with hands into a ball like shape.
- Place it on a flat surface and then start pressing it evenly with fingers.
- We can see that the dough molds into a circular shape (just like roti).
- Let it be a little thick – never make it a flat and thin one, like we make our normal roti.
- For Pizza, base bread should be a thick one – so that it can carry the stuffing on it without breaking.
- Make sure the sides of the dough are a little thicker (a little raised) than the middle. If the sides are raised, then it will hold all the stuffing that we keep on it.
(10) Place a pan on big burner. Let it get hot in high flame. Once the pan gets hot, turn the flame to LOW mode.
- Now, need to bake the round dough – first keep the side of the bread which will hold the cheese and other stuff to touch the hot pan.
- In 1 or 2 minutes, that side will get baked.
- Turn off the flame once the dough is baked on one side.
- Then flip the bread to the other side for frying.
- Let’s start spreading 2 tablespoons of ‘Pizza sauce’ all over the baked side of bread (the side that will hold all the stuffing).
- Sprinkle 100 grams of mozzarella cheese all over the bread – – (out of the 200 grams of shredded cheese – take half of it and sprinkle)
- Place some of the fried panner cubes all over the bread.
- Place some of the fried onions and capsicums all over the bread.
- Again, sprinkle a little bit of mozzarella cheese over the paneer and onion.
- Sprinkle just a pinch of salt all over the bread.
Close the pan with a lid.
Turn on the flame – keep it in LOW mode.
Let the pizza get baked for 5 minutes in low flame.
(13) After 5 to 6 minutes, open the lid, remove the pizza from the pan on to a plate.
- Cut the pizza using a slicer and enjoy the pizza with your family & friends.
- Repeat the steps (from step 8) to make the next pizza.