Sarbath – made from fruits and syrup helps to cool us on a hot summer day. Milk rabadi is a healthy Sarbath made out of milk and with a mixture of fruits and nuts in it. They help us stay hydrated on a hot day and also be healthy.
Note: This is for making ‘Milk Rabadi’ for 50 people (making it on a business point)
- Full Cream Milk – 10 litres
- Milk sweet – 1kg
- Apple – 1kg
- Sugar – 2kg
- Tutti Frutti – 100 grams
- Sabja seeds – 100 grams
- Almond gum – 100 grams
- Badam – 100 grams
- Cashew – 100 grams
- Cucumber Seeds – 100 grams
- Pista – 100 grams
Things to do before we start cooking
- Soak 100 grams of ‘almond gum’ for 3 hours.
- Wash 1 kg of apple, then cut it into small pieces.
- Soak ‘sabja seeds’ for 10 minutes. Do this step after 10 minutes from adding apple in step 5. Because sabja seeds need just 10 minutes to soak and become soft.
- Grind 100 grams of badam roughly in mixy jar – to a coarse powder.
- Grind 100 grams of ‘cashew nuts’ in mixy – to a rough powder
- Grind pista – 100 grams, in a mixy, to a powder.
Steps to Prepare
- Place a big vessel with capacity of 15 litres on the burner. Turn on the flame. Keep it in low.
- Pour 10 litres of ‘Full cream milk’ into the vessel. Turn the flame to HIGH mode now. Start stirring continuously till milk boils well. Once the milk boils, turn the flame to low mode now.
- Put in 1 kg of sugarless ‘milk kova’ (this we can obtain from supermarkets). Stir well so that kova mixes with milk completely. We need to stir for 5 minutes so that kova completely dissolves.
- Now, add 2 kg of sugar and stir so that sugar dissolves. We can see that when we add sugar, milk will stop boiling, but as sugar dissolves completely the milk will start boiling. Now it’s time to ‘TURN OFF’ the flame.
- Now, add the 10 kg of apple cut into small pieces and also add 100 grams of tutti futti. Stir well. We add apple and tutti futti to the milk when it’s hot, so that they get soft after getting soaked.
- Leave the milk to cool down – in regular intervals, stir the milk gently so that it doesn’t get hard or sticks to the bottom. It may take more than 30 to 40 minutes to cool down completely.
- Once milk cools down – Then let’s start add the below things to the cooled milk –
- Add 100 grams of ‘sabja seeds’ soaked in water and then stir well.
- Add 100 grams of soaked almond gum and stir.
- Add 100 grams of coarsely grinded badam.
- Add 100 grams of powdered cashew nuts.
- Add 100 grams of cucumber seeds.
- Add 100 grams of pista – grinded and powdered.
- Ice cubes – 5 or 6 litres
Stir and mix well. Let’s wait for 10 minutes so that ice cubes dissolve and make this drink chill. After this we can start serving this milk rabadi.
In ‘Business point of view:
- If we are going to prepare this for business purposes – mostly we will be placing this milk rabadi in a freezer, so instead of adding ice cubes at the end, we can pour in 5 litres of water initially when milk is poured in for boiling (step: 2). Water is added just to make this rabadi a little dilute and drinkable.
- Also, we can add 500 grams extra sugar (totally 2.5 kg of sugar to be added) to make it tastier.
- If we don’t want to add sugar, we can instead add 10 tins of ‘milk maid’ for 10 litres of milk. Also, pour in 10 litres of water initially – because the milk + ‘milk maid’ will result in a very thick form. We need to dilute it, also we can earn profit then only.
- Extra add-ons: We can add mango and grapes also – this should be added after the milk cools down.
- We can give for sale in a 350ml glass – each costing 40 or 50 rupees for a good profit.
1 thought on “Milk Rabadi”
Thank you so much Bai for all your recipes God bless you