Lemon Corn Chicken
The easiest way to make a tasty chicken– let’s see how to prepare lemon corn chicken.
- Chicken – 750 grams (prefer thigh flesh)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin powder – 1.5 tablespoon
- Coriander powder – 2 tablespoons
- Black pepper – 1.5 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 2.5 tablespoon
- Badam & cashew paste – 50 gram each
- Curd – 350 ml
- Salt – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 0.5 tablespoon
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger – 20 grams (size of a lemon)
- Garlic – 10 cloves
- Green chilli – 4
- Corn – 1 cup (already boiled)
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves – little
- Chilli flakes – 0.5 tablespoon
Things to do before we start cooking –
- Take 50grams of peeled ginger and 50 grams of garlic, grind them until it becomes paste.
- Get badam 50 gram and cashew nut 50 grams.
Take little water and put badam and cashew nuts into it – start boiling the water.
Once water boils – keep the contents aside to cool down – in 40 minutes, the badam and cashew nut will become soft.
Then, grind the badam+ cashew nut (along with a little water) in our mixy till it becomes paste.
- Chop ginger into longer slices – cut garlic cloves into smaller pieces.
Steps to Prepare
First, we need to take 750 grams of chicken in a wide mouth bowl.
Then we need to marinate the chicken pieces – So start adding the below spices to the bowl –
• Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
• Cumin powder – 1.5 tablespoon
• Coriander powder – 1.5 tablespoons
• Black pepper – 1.5 tablespoon
• Lemon juice – 2.5 tablespoon
• Badam & cashew paste
• Curd – 350 ml
• Salt – 1 tablespoon
Mix the contents well (with our hands or spoon) so that all the chicken pieces get coated with spice.
Let the chicken pieces marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
Place a wide mouth vessel on the big burner. Turn the flame to HIGH.
Pour 0.5 tablespoons of oil. Then put 1.5 tablespoon of butter.
Add – Ginger that is cut into thin longer slices (ginger the size of a lemon).
Add – garlic (10 cloves) – cut into smaller pieces.
Add – green chillies – 4 (cut into half – long slices)
Stir the contents well for 20 seconds.
Now, lets add 750 grams of marinated chicken to the vessel with oil, ginger, garlic and chilli.
Keep the flame in HIGH mode.
Let the chicken pieces get cooked in high flame for 5 minutes. Stir gently and continuously.
After 5 minutes, close the vessel with a suitable lid.
Turn the flame to LOW.
(after every 5 minutes interval, open the lid, stir a little and then close the lid again)
Let the chicken pieces get cooked well in low flame for 15 to 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes of cooking chicken in low flame, open the lid.
Then we need to add the below –
Garam masala – 1tablespoon
Coriander powder – 0.5 tablespoon
Black pepper powder – 0.5 tablespoon
Lemon juice – 1tablespoon
Corn – 1 cup (already boiled)
- Stir the contents well for 10 seconds.
Now, pour “fresh cream – 3 tablespoons”.
Stir for another 10 seconds so that all mix up well.
Lemon peel zest – take the outer yellow portion of lemon alone (after squeezing juice).
Then cut it into smaller pieces.
Sprinkle this on the top of chicken and masala.
Now, lets add “Dried Fenugreek Leaves” – a little. Sprinkle it all over the top of chicken.
Stir a little for 10 seconds. Then, turn off the flame.
Now, lets add the below on the chicken + masala.
Shred and add cheese– 1 cube of cheese
Butter – 0.5 tablespoon
Chilli flakes – 0.5 tablespoon (sprinkle on the top)
Close the lid – let the cheese and butter melt and mix with the masala and chicken for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, lets open the lid and then serve the tasty chicken.
The ‘Lemon corn chicken’ tastes great as a side dish for pulka, naan, paratha, roti, kulcha and other bread verities and ghee rice.