The easiest way to make a tasty hot spicy– let’s see how to prepare Chicken shawarma roll.
- Chicken – 250 grams
- Curd – 100 ml
- Garlic & Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Tandoori Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Soya sauce – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 tbsp
- Cabbage – 100 grams
- Onion – 1 medium size
- Capsicum – 1 small size
- Carrot – 1 small size
- Half Cucumber
- Black Salt – 1/2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Chilli flakes – 1/4 tbsp
- Tomato – 1 medium size
- Mayonnaise – 200 grams
- Chat Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Maida – 250 grams
- Salt – 2 pinches
- Water – 100 ml
- Oil – 1 tbsp
Things to be done before we start cooking
- Chop – cabbage, onion, tomato and capsicum into thin long strands.
- Carrot – grate it.
- Chop half of medium sized cucumber.
Steps to Prepare
Take 2 boneless pieces (total 250 grams) of chicken – place them in a bowl.
Chicken should be cut like shown in below picture.
We need to add the below in that bowl.
- Curd – 100 ml
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- Tandoori masala – 1/2 tablespoon
- Soya sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Garam masala – ¼ tablespoon
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tablespoon
- Salt – 1/4 tablespoon
- Coriander powder – 1/4 tablespoon
- Mix well with hands so that chicken pieces get covered with masala evenly.
- Let the chicken pieces marinate in the masala for minimum 3 hours.
Take another bowl. Put the below in that bowl –
- Cabbage – 100 gm
- Onion – 1 medium size, chopped
- Capsicum – 1 small size, chop into long thin pieces
- Carrot – 1 small size – grated
- Cucumber – Half, chopped
- Black salt – 1/2 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
Mix all well – then keep the bowl aside.
Take another bowl – put Maida 250 grams and salt little than 1/4 tablespoon.
Adding some water to the maida in parts, begin to knead the dough. Continue to knead the dough. Knead the dough till it becomes pliable and soft. Now make a ball of the dough.
Pour 1 tablespoon of oil and leave it aside for 20 minutes.
Place a pan on the big burner – turn on the flame.
Pour oil – 2 tablespoons. Let the oil spread all over the pan. Wait till oil is hot.
Now, turn the flame to LOW.
Let’s add the marinated chicken pieces to the pan and fry them.
Just after 30 seconds, turn the pieces so that other side also starts frying.
Continue to turn the pieces to the other side every 1 minute, so that each piece gets a deep fry.
The whole process should happen for 10 minutes.
At the end of 10 minutes, the chicken pieces get cooked well.
Transfer the fried chicken pieces to another plate and keep it aside.
Now make medium size balls of the dough. Minimum 4 we can make – Flatten the ball.
Place a dosa tawa on burner. Let it heat.
Place the flattened dough on the hot tawa.
Turn the roti to the other side so that it gets cooked well from both sides.
Take a bowl – put the mixture prepared in step # 3 (onion + cabbage + capsicum + pepper mixture)
- Add ¼ tablespoon of chilli flakes.
- Add tomato – chopped (1 medium sized)
Cut the chicken pieces into very small – we can break them using hands too (if we don’t have the appropriate scissors).Put them into the bowl.
Mix chicken and masala well.
Mayonnaise – 200 grams or a little.
Chat masala – ½ tablespoon
Add it to that bowl and mix all the contents well.
Spread one sheet of ‘butter paper’.
Place one roti on the paper.
Put the chicken + masala + veggie mixture on the roti.
Roll the roti along with paper – our shawarma roll is ready to be served.