The easiest way to make a tasty bread halwa – let’s see how to prepare bread halwa.
- Bread – 1 loaf (300 g)
- Sugarless milk kova – 300 g
- Milk – Half Litre (500 ml)
- Sugar – Half Kg (500 g)
- Ghee – 100 ml
- Almonds (Badam) – 50 g
- Cucumber seeds – 50 g
- Tutti Frutti – 50 g
- Colouring Agent – a pinch (prefer yellow colour)
Things to do before we start to cook
- Cut each slice of bread into two.
- Cut sugarless milk kova into smaller pieces
Steps to Prepare
Boil 100 ml of ghee in a pan.
Once the ghee starts boiling – keep the flame in LOW.
Now, start frying the pieces of bread in hot ghee.
Please make sure that the bread turns light brown – don’t deep fry. Keep aside the fried bread pieces.
Take a wide mouth (aluminum) vessel.
Pour in 500 ml milk into it.
Start heating the milk till it boils well.
Once the milk is boiling – put in 300 g of sugarless milk kova.
Stir continuously, so that the milk kova dissolves.
(Stirring will stop the kova from getting burnt as it touches the bottom of hot vessel).
- add a pinch of artificial food colouring agent (yellow) to the milk and kova mix.
- Add 500 g of sugar.
Then start stirring the contents well so that sugar dissolves completely.
Let the flame be in high so that the milk boils completely.
After the milk starts boiling, turn the flame to LOW.
Now, add fried pieces of bread to the boiling milk.
Dip all the bread pieces completely into milk.
The bread pieces should absorb the milk and sweetness thoroughly.
Stir constantly till the milk dries up.
- Transfer the prepared bread halwa on to another bowl.
- It’s time to garnish the bread halwa with our ingredients.
- Sprinkle almonds, cucumber seeds, tutti frutti on the top.
- Pour a table spoon of ghee on top to add flavor.
The tasty bread halwa is ready and waiting to be devoured.