The easiest way to make a tasty biryani – let’s see how to prepare 1kg of ambur biryani which can serve at least 6 people.
- Zeeraga samba rice – 1kg
- Chicken – 1kg
- Oil – 250ml
- Onion – 500 gm (7 to 8 medium size)
- Tomato – 500 gm (7 to 8 medium size)
- Red Chilli paste – 2 tablespoons
- Cinnamon – 2 gm
- Cardamom – 2 gm
- Clove – 2 gm
- Ginger – 100 gm
- Garlic – 100 gm
- Lemon – 1/2
- Coriander Leaves – 1/4 bunch
- Mint Leaves – 1/4 bunch
- Curd – 250 ml
- Water – 600 ml (For Masala)
- Water – 2.5 litre (To Boil Rice)
- Salt – 1.5 tablespoon (to add in masala)
- Salt – 2 tablespoons (to boil rice)
Things to be done before we start cooking
- Rinse 1 kg of Seeraga zamba rice softly in clean water. Repeat it again to clean fully and then soak it in a bowl with fresh water.
- Wash and clean and cut chicken pieces.
- Chop onions and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Take 100g of peeled ginger and 100g of garlic, grind them separately until they become paste.
- Take 4 or 5 red chilli, fry them lightly in a tawa – then grind it with little of water to make paste.
Steps to Prepare
Place a big vessel (prefer 5 litres capacity) on the small burner.
Pour 2.5 litres (2500 ml) of water. Place a lid on it. Let the water start boiling.
Keep flame in LOW.
Place another vessel (prefer a 5 litres capacity) on the big burner. Keep the flame in HIGH.
Put the below in the second vessel –
- Onion – 500 grams (7 or 8 medium sized)
- Oil – 250 ml
- Cinnamon – 2 grams (4 piece)
- Cardamom – 2 grams (4 piece)
- Cloves – 2 grams (4 piece)
Stir the onions continuously in high flame until it turns light brown.
Note: No need to deep fry till onion turns reddish brown.
Now, let’s add the ‘ginger’ paste that we have already prepared. Stir continuously for 2 minutes.
Next, add the ‘garlic’ paste and stir for another 2 minutes.
Add red chilli paste – 2 tablespoons.
Put salt – 1.5 tablespoons
Put – tomatoes 500g.
Stir gently and continuously for 5 minutes approximately (till tomatoes get cooked well).
Add a little of coriander leaves.
Add a little of mint leaves.
Add chicken – 1 kg.
Start stirring all the contents gently and continuously for 5 minutes.
Squeeze the juice of ½ lemon.
Pour curd – 250 ml.
Stir for 30 seconds so that all contents mix well.
Pour water – 600 ml.
Close the vessel with a lid.
Let the water and other contents boil for approximately 5 minutes in high flame.
Now, turn the flame to LOW. Then let’s open the lid.
Stir gently and take a little of water from the middle of vessel to check for taste.
If needed, we can add the extra spice, salt and sourness now.
Stir well once added.
Now go to the first vessel which has water boiling in it.
Add salt – 2 tablespoons.
Put Seeraga Zamba rice – 1 kg (that was earlier cleaned and soaked in water)
- Let the rice get cooked for approximately 2 minutes.
- No need to worry if rice got boiled completely or not (just 2 minutes is enough)
- After 2 minutes, turn off the burner.
- Drain the excess water from vessel.
- Then we need to transfer the rice to the second vessel that has chicken and masala.
Once the rice is added to the ‘chicken and masala mix’, stir a little.
Place a lid on the vessel – also keep a weight over the lid for starting the DUM.
Keep flame in HIGH.
Let the contents boil for 2 minutes and then we can see that steam starts coming from lid’s side.
Once we see steam pouring out from sides of lid, then turn the flame to LOW.
Leave the contents to cook in low flame for another 15 minutes.
This time is required for the DUM to happen.
After 15 minutes, remove the lid.
Gently stir the rice from top till bottom so that it doesn’t break.
Check for water at the bottom of vessel (no water should be left).
Rice should be cooked soft and perfect at this moment.
Then it’s time to turn off the burner.
Our Ambur style biryani is ready to be served and tasted.
4 thoughts on “Ambur Chicken Biryani – 1 Kg | Jabbar Bhai”
Thank you 🙂
Mr Jabbar thanks a ton for a very detailed and simple to follow recipe. Let’s hear from you about mutton biryani recipe. Keep up the good work.????????????
Thank you Sir 🙂 , marriage style Mutton biryani recipe and other mutton recipes are also uploaded in our website, please check. Continue to watch our website for more recipes!