Steps to Prepare “Lemon mint tea”
(1) Place a pan on the burner – turn on the flame. Pour 0.5 litres of water.
Let it boil. Once water boils, turn the flame to LOW mode.
(2) Put tea dust – 2 pinches (2 pinch = less than 1/4 tablespoon).
Let the water boil for another 3-4 minutes in low flame.
(3) Take 1 inch of ginger, peel skin and crush a little using a stone or “Mortar & Pestle”. Add the crushed ginger to the boiling water with tea leaf.
Let it boil for another 2 minutes. Then turn off the flame
(4) Use a filter and pour the water from pan into another bowl.
Thus, the tea leaf can be removed and we can get tea alone.
(5) Pour the tea in 4 glasses (because the 500 ml of water can be made to tea for 4 people).
- Add 1/2 tablespoon sugar in each glass and stir it to mix. We can add sugar according to our need.
- If need, we can avoid sugar and add ‘palm jaggery’ the size of half lemon.
Stir it to mix it well in tea.
(6) Squeeze the juice from lemon straight into each glass – just let in 4 or 5 drops of lemon juice.
(7) Then, put 3 or 4 mint leaves in each glass.
Our “Lemon mint tea” is ready to be tasted.
Steps to Prepare “Leaf tea” (serves 4 persons)
(1) Place a sauce pan on burner – turn the flame to HIGH mode.
(2) Pour milk and water into the pan – (milk + water = 500 ml).
If we are using thick milk – then the ratio should be as mentioned below
- milk – 1/4 litre (250ml)
- water – 1/4 litre (250ml)
If we are using a normal milk – then need to pour
- milk – 400 ml
- water – 100 ml
- Take 1 inch ginger – peel the skin.
- Take Cardamom – 3
- Using a stone or “mortar and pestle”, crush ginger first and then add cardamom to it and crush.
(4) Once milk boils, put 1 tablespoon of tea leaf (we need to buy tea leaf and not “Tea dust”).
(5) Let the milk boil and come up till top of pan, immediately turn flame to low. Then after 10 seconds increase flame to high, milk will boil and raise to top again, immediately turn flame to low.
Do this repeatedly for 3 minutes so that tea flavour gets extracted to the milk.
(6) Now, add the crushed ginger and cardamom.
Let the milk boil in low flame for another 3 minutes. Then, turn off the flame.
(7) Use a metal tea strainer and then pour the contents of sauce pan to another bowl – this tea strainer will hold off the left-over tea leaf and ginger and cardamom in it.
(8) After tea is poured into a cup, put ½ tablespoon of sugar and stir to mix it. We can add sugar according to our need.