Biryani is all time favorite for most of us. The Dindigul version of making biryani has a lot of ingredients and preparing those masalas itself is a little difficult task. Now, we have got an easier way to make this biryani come true at our homes by using the ‘ready-to-mix’ masala available online and in stores. It has come out really well without loosing its peculiar taste.
- Veerah Dindigul Biriyani Mix
- Seeraga Samba Rice – 1kg
- Ghee – 100ml (prefer home made to get a good flavour)
- Chicken – 1kg
- Water – 1.25lts
We can obtain this home made “Veerah Dindigul Biryani Mix” masala from the below address –
Name: N. GANESHKUMAR
Address: M-1/76, 4th cross, R. M. COLONY, Dindigul 624001.
Contact number: 7418117709
This pack comes as a 200-gram pouch and it will help us prepare 250 grams of biryani. If we need to cook 1kg biryani, then we would need 4 packets.
Things to be done before we start cooking
- Rinse 1 kg of Seeraga zamba rice softly in clean water. Repeat it again to clean it fully and then soak it in a bowl with fresh water. Keep it aside.
- Also clean 1 kg of chicken in water and keep it aside to dry.
Steps to Prepare
(1) Place a pan (prefer 3 litres or more) on the burner – turn the flame to LOW. Let the pan get a little hot.
(2) For preparing 1 kg biryani, we would need 100ml ghee. Now, lets pour 80 ml of ghee into the hot pan. The remaining 20 ml will be poured at the last step.
(3) Once the ghee gets a little hot, add the chicken pieces to the pan. Stir the chicken pieces in ghee for 2 minutes (in low flame).
(4) Now, take 4 packets of ready mix and empty its contents into the pan with chicken. Turn the flame to HIGH mode.
Stir well and let the masala and chicken get cooked in high flame for 5 minutes.
Note: this pack has a masala mix that has all the required ingredients in it to give the correct amount of spiciness and saltness and sourness to our biryani – we would not need to add anything extra except for a pinch of salt or chilli at the end if we need it.
(5) Pour water – 1.25 litres to the pan. Stir well for 20 seconds. Close the pan with a lid. Turn the flame to HIGH mode. Let the water boil for 2 minutes in high flame.
(6) After 2 minutes, remove the lid, stir a little. Turn the flame to LOW mode now. Again, close the pan with the lid. Let the contents get cooked in low flame for another 5 minutes.
(7) After 5 minutes of cooking in low flame, remove the lid. Take a little of water from the middle of pan and taste it.
Mostly the salt and spiciness level provided in the pack itself will be good. If we need more, we can add 1/4 tablespoon of salt and red chili powder. Stir well to mix.
(8) Now, let’s add the rice to the pan. Turn the flame to HIGH mode now.
Stir continuously for some time till some of the water vaporizes and water level comes down a little. The water level should come exactly till the rice dips completely.
(9) Now, close the pan with vessel. Turn the flame to LOW mode.
Let the contents get cooked in low flame for 10 to 12 minutes.
(10) After 12 minutes of cooking in low flame, remove the lid. Stir gently from the bottom. Check if water has dried up. Turn off the flame.
Thus our Dindigul biryani is ready and can be tasted with our family and friends.
We can also prepare veg biryani using this masala pack.
This masala pack contains pure vegetarian contents in it.
We need to add vegetables instead of chicken in step: 3 and then follow the rest of the steps.
Please add the below vegetables to prepare a flavorful biryani –
- Potato – 300g (4 medium sized, peel skin, chop to medium size)
- Carrot – 200g (3 or 4 medium size, cut into small pieces)
- Beans – 200g
- Green peas – 200g