Beans Mutton Curry
Beans and mutton, both are rich in proteins, fiber and iron. Lets prepare a dish with these two as primary ingredients.
- Mutton – 100 grams
- Oil – 3 tablespoon
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Beans – 1/4 kg
- coriander leaves – few
- green chilli – 2
- ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tablespoon
- coriander powder – 1/4 tablespoon
- salt – 1/4 tablespoon
- chilli powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- turmeric powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- water – 100ml
Things to be done before we start cooking
- Onion – 1 medium sized, chop it into thin slices.
- Beans – 250 grams, chop into very small pieces.
- Clean the mutton pieces – get them cut into smaller pieces.
- Take 50 grams of ginger and garlic – grind them together to get a fine ‘ginger-garlic’ paste.
Steps to Prepare
(1) Place a pan on the burner with high flame.
(2) Pour oil – 3 tablespoons. As the oil heats up, add the chopped onion. Let the onions become half boiled. (it will give a glossy look – don’t let it turn brown)
(3) Add the small pieces of beans (250 grams) to the onion in pan. Stir the contents and let them get cooked in HIGH FLAME for 2 minutes.
(4) Then add 100 grams of mutton (that are cut into smaller pieces). Stir for another 2 minutes.
(5) Then, let’s add the below and stir a little to mix them –
- Coriander leaves – few (cut into small)
- Green chilli – 2 (cut into small pieces)
- Tomato – 1 (medium sized – cut it)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tablespoon.
(6) Now, let us start adding the below masala –
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tablespoon
- Salt – 1/4 tablespoon
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tablespoon
- Pour 100 ml water.
- Close the pan with a lid – turn the flame to LOW mode.
- Let the contents get cooked in low flame for 15 to 18 minutes.
- In the 15 to 18 minutes of cooking, stir occasionally.
(7) After 15 to 18 minutes, remove the lid, check if water has dried up.
If not, keep flame in high for 2 min, water will dry up giving a dry masala mix with beans and mutton.
That’s all guys our beans-mutton curry is ready to be served as a side dish for white rice and rasam combination.